Take part in cutting edge research studying the gut’s impact on axial spondyloarthritis, and receive a free gut microbiome analysis, personalized nutrition and supplement recommendations, as well as a $100 Visa gift card!
Viome1 is conducting a research study to understand the role of the microbiome in axSpA disease activity. The goal of this study is to better understand the molecular features of the microbiome that may contribute to axSpA flares and to determine if there are specific microbes found in the microbiome that may contribute to disease activity.
We would love for you to join us and make a difference in axSpA research!
You may be eligible to participate if:
- You are over the age of 18
- You live in the U.S. (New York excluded at this time)*
- You have been diagnosed with axial spondyloarthritis (including ankylosing spondylitis and non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis.)
- Allow us to access your medical records to confirm your diagnosis
- Able to visit a Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Center (PSC)
We will send all study material to your home for sample collection within a 7-day window. All samples will be mailed back to Viome in pre-paid mailers provided in the kits. We will send you a brief survey to collect information about your condition, which you can complete on your computer or mobile device.
What we ask of you:
- Complete an Informed Consent Form with a medical release (to confirm your eligibility and diagnosis)
- Complete an online or smartphone app questionnaire
- Visit a Quest Diagnostics location near you for a blood draw
- Collect stool, finger-prick blood, urine, and saliva samples at home. Kits, instructions, and prepaid return mailers will be provided for you.
- Once you have completed the first part of the study (~7 days), you can choose to participate in the 3 and 6-month collection periods.
- A $100 Visa gift card when you complete the study (and again at 3 and 6 months, if eligible)
- Stool test results and personalized diet and supplement recommendations ($299 value)**
- Inflammatory panel results ($700 value) – read more here
- Intestinal permeability (urine) test results ($199 value) – read more here
- Saliva microbiome results
For more information, you can visit www.viome.com.
Study PI: Momchilo Vuyisich, PhD
IRB Approval: The Viome Institutional Review Board (VIRB), Policy #VIRB02/Rev. 2.0
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about this study.
1 Viome, is a for profit microbiome wellness company that is currently conducting research on the role of the microbiome in axial spondyloarthritis disease activity.
*Not eligible to participate if you reside in New York
**These recommendations are for general health and are not intended to be medical treatment for AxSpA, which should only be done in consultation with your healthcare provider.