The below is a third party research opportunity. SAA is not affiliated with the study, and is only sharing it as a service to the community.
Take part in cutting edge research studying the gut’s impact on axial spondyloarthritis, and receive a free gut microbiome analysis, as well as personalized nutrition and supplement recommendations!
Viome1 is conducting a research study to understand the role of the microbiome in axSpA disease activity. The goal of this study is to better understand the molecular features of the microbiome that may contribute to axSpA flares and to determine if there are specific microbes found in the microbiome that may contribute to disease activity.
You may be eligible to participate if:
- You are over the age of 18
- You live in the U.S.
- You have been diagnosed with axial spondyloarthritis (including ankylosing spondylitis and non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis.)
- Allow us to access your medical records to confirm your diagnosis
- Able to visit a Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Center (PSC)
We will send all study material to your home for sample collection within a 7-day window. All samples will be mailed back to Viome in pre-paid mailers provided in the kits. We will send you a brief survey to collect information about your condition, which you can complete on your computer or mobile device. This study requires that you provide the following sample types:
- Stool sample (at-home)
- Finger-prick blood sample (at-home)
- Saliva sample (at-home)
- Intestinal permeability test (at-home)
- Venous blood draw (blood sample taken at a Quest facility)
You will receive a free Viome Gut Intelligence Test kit with a 90-day service ($299 value), which includes completely personalized nutrition and supplement recommendations. For more information, you can visit www.viome.com.
Study PI: Momchilo Vuyisich, PhD
IRB Approval: The Viome Institutional Review Board (VIRB), Policy #VIRB02/Rev. 1.0 Approved 03/27/2020
To enroll, please complete the registration form here: link
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about this study.
- Viome, is a for profit microbiome wellness company that is currently conducting research on the role of the microbiome in axial spondyloarthritis disease activity.