If this is your first time joining us, welcome! We are excited to have you. To make sure that all meetings are a supportive, safe space for all, we’ve put together some group guidelines. Check it out!
1. Confidentiality. What is said in the group stays in the group. You can share general information with others outside the group, but please don’t use names or identifying information of members.
2. Respect. Treat other group members with respect and understanding
3. Remember that everyone’s experience is different, and what worked for you might not work for someone else. As we say in social work, everyone is an expert on their own life!
4. Give everyone a chance to speak. Try not to monopolize the discussion!
5. Ask a doctor. Remember that most of us (group leaders included) are not doctors, so be careful about giving or taking medical advice.